Suitable for the Farming Ammonia Reduction Grant. Covers improve slurry as a fertiliser and reduce ammonia emissions from beef and dairy farms in England.
The grant application window is now closed, the grant is to help pay for covers to existing slurry stores on dairy and beef farms in England.
Choice of 3 covers depending on your needs:
1) Suitable for above ground concrete, steel mesh and steel silos (TenCate NICOLON® FLEX800 Floating Covers for Manure Silos) For full specifications visit www.tencate.com/emea/Images/TenCate%20Nicolon%20Flex%20product%20sheet%2...
2) Suitable for below ground earthen banked lagoon constructions (TenCate NICOLON® Lagoon Cover)
3) Suitable for above ground concrete or steel silo covers (please see our Wiefferink Silo Cover) For full specifications visit www.wiefferink.nl/en/products/silocover/
Slurry store covers provide the benefit of:
- Protecting the store from rainwater and reducing storage and field application costs
- Reducing the loss of nitrogen and increase the quality of slurry as a fertiliser
- Reducing ammonia emissions and improving air quality
- Minimising odour emissions
- You’ll receive one-to-one advice from a farm adviser on ways to reduce ammonia emissions and conserve nitrogen which could increase the efficiency and reduce costs of your farm system.
- All 3 options made from sustainable materials
You’ll get: £61.00 per square metre for self-supporting covers for slurry stores (Wiefferink Silo Cover)
£11.20 per square metre for floating covers for slurry stores and lagoons (TenCate Floating Covers)
Farmergy are agents for TenCate and Wiefferink silo and lagoon covers, please get in contact for more details, site visit and quotation.